When you are playing Lacrosse, be it box or field, there are tons of things that can get into your eyes and take you out of the game. On top of that, certain tints on visors can hide your eyes from opponents and help you be more deceptive with your shots or passes! Visors now come in many colors and tints for all situations – Low light, sunny days, and everything in between. Our top pick for the year is the Shoc Thunder 3.0 Lacrosse Visor, read on below for our detailed reviews to get all the details!
Sports Unlimited is one of the top companies for aftermarket visors for Lacrosse and Football, and this tinted visor proves why! Manufactured out of shatterproof molded poly carbonate, these visors will keep you safe and won’t break in the heat of the game! They also come in a number of different tints so you can choose what works best for your playing conditions!
Best Clear Lacrosse Visor
A great alternative to the tinted visor is the clear Barnett. You will protect your eyes from sticks and will not have to get used to different tints or lighting conditions
The Barnett clear lacrosse visor is a staple and consistently used at the highest levels in the NCAA. Since you can’t have a tinted visor at competitive levels, this is a great option that gives you everything except maybe the look you get from the colored/tinted lacrosse visors.
Elite Tek makes a wide array of visors for football, but also some for lacrosse. Users have reported they bolt onto Cascade helmets well but can require a small amount of adjustment to get a great fit. But for half the price of other visors you can save some money!
Top Recommended Lacrosse Visors
What We Based Our Research On
We’ll be focusing on the top products from SHOC, Throne, And Elite Tek just to name a few big brands. The big brands don’t make Lacrosse visors so it is mostly smaller niche companies. This is good for you as a lacrosse player as you get better over selection and they all push each other to innovate!
Are Lacrosse Visors Legal? - Lacrosse Visor Rules
In NFHS and US Lacrosse, tinted visors are illegal. In case of head injury they want to be able to look at your eyes and evaluate if you need further medical assessment. It boils down to a safety issue. So if you are playing competitively under these governing bodies, get a clear visor! The exact area in the NFHS rule book is in Section 5 Article 3.
If you have issues with sunlight, wear sunglasses under your visor, the visor itself may not be tinted! However if you are playing recreationally, you should be good to go – but always check league rules just to be sure!
Specifications and Features:
- Tinted Visor – A top option if you are looking for a tinted visor to use when it is sunny or just for perferece/looks
- Scratch Resistant Coating – This lacrosse visor is built to last with scratch resistant coating to keep your vision crystal clear
- Easy Attach– The no tab design makes it easy to clip on and off, and should work with all helmet designs
A tinted visor not only looks menacing on the field but it also goes a long way on very sunny days when trying to pick up the ball in the air. The Sports Unlimited tinted lacrosse visor should fit on all helmet types and the clip on system is extremely easy to use and set-up. This is definitely a visor worth checking out if your looking for a tinted option that you can easily switch in or out during the game!
Specifications and Features:
- Universal Fit – The Barnett clear visor fits both youth and adult helmets
- Easy Removal / Attachment – The simple two clip system makes it super easy and quick to remove or put back on
- Fog/UV Resistant Coating– The fog resistant coating makes sure you’re seeing clear all game and not dealing with fog, and the UV makes sure sunlight won’t be a problem
Wearing a visor is a great way to ensure you are totally protecting your eyes and also to enhance your vision if it is raining. The Barnett clear lacrosse visor is our choice for the best clear visor on the market because of its durable, scratch resistant coating on the visor and easy to assemble. This works on all helmets from adult to youth so there is no reason you shouldn’t look into picking one of these up for your next lacrosse game!
Specifications and Features:
- Multiple Tints – A truly customizable visor with a multitude of different colors to choose from including black smoke, orange (pictured), yellow, or transparent blue
- Two-Clip System – The two tabs attach to all youth and adult helmets quickly and easily, without having to try to find tabs
- Impact Resistant – The poly carbonate injection mold design makes this mask extremely durable and impact resistant
- Enhanced Vision – The tint on these visors still allows 60% light transmission and also blocks out both UV/Blue light
If you are in the market for a good value lacrosse visor that will not break the bank, AND comes in a bunch of different styles then you are in luck with the EliteTek visor. Available in four different tint and color schemes, you are sure to find the one that the lacrosse player in your houes will love! They are extremely durable due to the poly carbonate injection moulding, and also have scratch and impact resistance! This is a great lacrosse visor for the money and worth taking a look at.
Conclusion - Wrapping Up The Best Lacrosse Visors
We hope our article was helpful in helping you choose your next lacrosse visor. It is a big choice and something have a few different options such as tinted plus clear is the ideal scenario, then you are ready for any weather conditions. It also helps provide additional protection to the eyes from any sticks or gloves that could get in your lacrosse helmet.
If we missed anything feel free to hit us up or sound off in the comments below!