Seattle has had a number of professional hockey teams in its history and in 2021 the Seattle Kraken NHL expansion team started its history in Seattle. Anytime a new NHL team sets up shop in a city, the populatiry of hockey grows among the younger generation! Already hugely popular in Seattle, we have decided to put together a list of the best hockey stores in Seattle to get all your gear and equipment services!
This store in Alderwood Centre has been nothing short of a game-changer in the hockey market in Seattle. Pure Hockey is the largest hockey retailed in the United States and this is their only location in Washington. With a massive selection online and in-store, this is the perfect spot to get your hockey gear and equipment repairs.
One huge positive about shopping at Pure Hockey Alderwood, is if they don’t have what you are looking for in store you can always order the appropriate size or brand online. Their staff are also extremely knowledgeable to help with any questions or sizing concerns.
- Passionate staff: This store has great staff that are extremely knowledgeble and passionate about the game of hockey and will be able to help you with all your hockey equipment questions
- Low price guarantee: It is hard to find a store where affordability meets high quality, but this store has definitely achieved this feat. It offers good discounts on both bulk and customized items and being one of the biggest retailers of hockey equipment in the U.S. always offers great sales!
- Long history: We love stores with a little bit of backstory and none has had a more credible history than this stellar store. It started as a small shop, and now it has managed to grow into an entire empire.
- Replacements take time: Regardless of how great items are, they may sometimes suffer from manufacturing defects. One major downside of the store is that it takes a long time for them to replace your broken equipment.
This store has excellent staff and selection of hockey equipment and is definitely our top recommendation for the best hockey stores in Seattle! Being able to order online and pickup / try on in store is a great plus and they also offer a large selection of goalie gear and skate sharpening services.
Need to know what the best hockey stores in Pittsburgh are? Check out our guide!
Elevate sports has a number of locations in Seattle but we feel the Renton location is one of the best due to their excellent staff and equipment services. They have a big selection of hockey equipment so you wont feel the need to drive around the city to go to different shops for skate sharpening and your hockey equipment needs.
- Selection: The first thing that compelled us to include this store in our list was the great selection of hockey equipment that is offered, here you will not only find your favorite hockey products but you will also find things related to all the other sports. This includes skiing, camping, and baseball equipment among others.
- Equipment Services: Getting your skates sharpened once a week can be a huge drag, and the quickness and experience of the staff get your skates sharpened quickly and professionally.
- Great online shopping: In this modern world, almost everyone is going to lengths to establish its name in the digital space. But very few stores have done it as well as this one. The website is well-made and allows you to buy all your favorite products within minutes and pick up in your nearest store.
- High prices: Given that this isn’t a huge U.S. wide hockey retailed like Pure Hockey and Dicks, the prices are slightly higher but you are supporting a more local business so many customers don’t mind this plus the service is exceptional.
The knowledgeable and professional staff are a big reason that people consistently come back to this hockey store in Seattle. The combination of great skate sharpening, equipment repairs, and hockey equipment makes this one of the best hockey stores in Seattle!
Ever wondered what the best hockey stores in Las Vegas are? Check out our article!
Big 5 Sporting Goods is another massive chain retailer with locations all around the US, it also has a great selection of hockey equipment both online and in store!
The staff at Big 5 Sporting Goods Leary Way are extremely knowledgeable in hockey equipment and can help you with all your questions and sizing concerns.
- Great outdoor and indoor equipment: As all hockey players know, you don’t just need durable and reliable sticks and equipment, but you also need the right kind of gear to wear under your hockey equipment. This is why the store has invested in a wide selection of performance clothing such as under armour.
- Liquidation Sales: A good thing with big retail stores is they carry a lot of product and are able to have huge sales on year old models so you can get new hockey gear for cheap!
- Difficulty in returning products: When you go for refunds or returns, you will have to show the receipt and all the tags intact. However, there may still be instances where you have to face delays in returning products.
For a big retail chain, Big 5 has a renown expertise in hockey equipment which is a huge benefit to new players or people with question about sizing certain pieces of equipment. Their selection of gear is huge and they typically offer skate sharpening services and equipment repair.
Want to know the best hockey stores in Nashville? Check out our article!
With the Kraken being brand new to Seattle, the demand for fan gear and memorabilia has been huge and the Kraken Team store in Climate Pledge arena is stocked with anything you need in 2,400 square feet of shopping space!
From NHL caliber jerseys with all the Kraken team members to customizable jerseys to get your own name on, there is everything a fan would ever need here!
- Timely delivery: The store has delivery drivers on standby all day so most orders you can pickup or get delivered within the same day. However, if you are in a different city, a staff member will call you to confirm your order and will deliver your order as soon as possible.
- Friendly staff: This is the biggest reason why we absolutely love this small store in the area. It has some of the friendliest and most cooperative staff that is willing to help you out on any given day. What’s more, they are die hard Kraken fans and are always willing to strike up a conversation about how the team is playing!
- Lack of customization: Although the stores has customization options, for customization you typically can’t do same day pickup and may take a few days to complete depending on the number of jerseys you are needing.
For any Seattle Kraken fan, this is a must visit when you go to the game or are in the area of the Climate Pledge arena. With a massive selection of all kinds of Kraken gear, you will be decked out to support your team in no time and will be sure to come back!
The play it Again sports franchise is well known for both used and new hockey equipment, providing a great option for recreation and competitive hockey players! The staff is extremely friendly and willing to help you pick the perfect hockey gear for your game and also provides equipment services.
- Family-owned: The biggest advantage of a store owned by a family and not necessarily unrelated people is that you get to enjoy a high quality service. But more importantly, you have people inside that care about your passion and will go to extreme lengths to help you out in any area.
- Trained staff: You will be surprised to know that all the staff members have to undergo special training so that they can help out the future hockey enthusiasts in Seattle. The staff is hence well-equipped with the latest knowledge and trends related to hockey equipment and equipment services. You will always get the service you need here.
- Restricted timings: We were quite surprised to find out that the shop isn’t open past 7 p.m. This proved to be quite disheartening news for people who have jobs and can only visit the store at night.
Play it Again sports Seattle is a excellent option for hockey equipment, both new and used and has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the city! One of our choices for the top hockey stores in Seattle!
What We Look For In A Hockey Store
Seattle has been a hockey town for a long time, with a big support for their WHL that has lead them to now get a NHL team for the 2021-2022 season! The growing popularity of hockey in Seattle definitely pushes an increased demand for great hockey stores and equipment services. The top things we require in a hockey store is a good selection of equipment for players and goalies, knowledgeable staff, and equipment services.
If you have any other top hockey stores in Seattle, Washington we should add to the list, drop us a comment and let us know! There is a ton of options to choose from so any feedback on the best hockey stores in Seattle would be appreciated!